Google Custom Search

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Alrighty Then! College Football Made My Day!

Alright, folks, give me your forbearance while I gloat a bit.

My Alma mater, the University of South Carolina, defeated the number 4 ranked team in the nation--Old Miss--Thursday evening by a score of 16-10.

Congrats to the 'Old Ball Coach' Steve Spurrier and his new rising star quarterback Stephen Garcia for a great game.

South Carolina is now 2-1 on the season and is showing signs of becoming the type of ball team Spurrier is famous for developing. I hope so! We are long overdue in this graveyard of football coaches.

2 comments:

tjbbpgobIII said...

What did "the old coach" whine about today. Remember "we will sell no whine before it's time".
GO VOLS

Welshman said...

Hey, the 'Old Ball Coach' is one of the greats of all time. But, when he was at Florida I couldn't stand him. Now that he's with us, he's great. LOL!

BTY, I lived in Knoxville briefly at one time, and thus, I have a certain soft spot for the Vols, except when they play South Carolina or Alabama.