Google Custom Search

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Little Faith

As most of you regular readers know by now I have widely varied musical tastes. I love classical music and several other types. But I learned the fundamentals of singing from the great Gospel quartets. I was raised on it. Then later I built on that foundation when I received musical/vocal training at one of the top music schools in the south.

This song I had to share with you. It is very dear to my heart. I have it on CD, but I never could find a video of it...until now.

These are my good buddies, Glen Allred, Les Beasley, Derrell Stewart, all of whom retired in 2007, along with Gene McDonald, Josh Garner, and company -- the fabulous Florida Boys. Here they sing a song called "A Little Faith." I can only tell you that this song has gotten me through a thousand dark days since it was released in 2000.

I wanted to share it with you. You may be in some sort of great need tonight. As the song says, "It's amazing what a little faith can do." I hope you are blessed by it. (A personal word below the video).
A Little Faith by the Florida Boys.

Glen, if you are reading this, I still think you are the greatest quartet baritone who ever lived. Thank you for countless hours of some of the smoothest and best baritone singing i have ever heard.

Les, you are the greatest quartet manager and arranger who ever lived. And I still like to hear you sing on those old Florida Boys records with Tommy Atwood, Billy Todd, and you, Glen, and Derrell.

Derrell, you defined what a quartet pianist should be in the 60s and 70s. That puts you right up there with Roger Bennett and Anthony Burger.

And Gene, as I have told you on numerous occasions, your bass singing is phenomenal. Only two others share your excellence -- the late great George Younce and Big Chief Weatherington.

I miss seeing you all out on the road.

No comments: