Google Custom Search

Thursday, May 07, 2009

"The Days of Wine and Rugers"

I have never made any bones about the fact that I admire the writing of Brigid at Home on the Range. She deftly weaves together intriguing descriptions of 2 of her favorite pastimes--guns and cooking.

Such is the case with "The Days of Wine and Rugers," with the exception that this article focuses on wine and guns rather than cooking and guns.

Here is an excerpt to whet your appetite:

No, don't drink and shoot, just something that came to mind as I finished a little painting.

It got me thinking. People spend large amounts of money on good wine. I have too, yet sometimes with a hearty meal, a simple glass of inexpensive red wine will do. Such it can be with a gun budget. I keep a watch on my spending (hey I'm mostly Scot) and I found I was spending a LOT on 45 ammo. Sure I love my 45's. There's absolutely nothing like it and the .45 is ALL I will have close to my side for home defense and my concealed is larger caliber as well. But the thought of having a little .22 to plink with, so I could shoot more, was intriguing. An inexpensive but well-built little .22 would be even better. So after trying out someone's Ruger Mark II, I bought a Ruger Mark III in a nice blued finish at the local non big chain gun store when it was there for a VERY good price.

Be sure to read the whole thing at the link provided at the top of this post.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Thanks for the mention - it's a nice little gun, and available at a good price.

Cheers,
B.

Welshman said...

You're welcome!