Google Custom Search

Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Sad Farewell To Paul Harvey

Paul Harvey, the 90-year-old radio and TV news pioneer whose voice was known to millions of Americans for over 50 years, has died.

I grew up listening to Mr. Harvey on the radio, and to this very day he remained one of my favorite news commentators. I was fortunate enough to hear him speak in person back in 1978 in Charlotte, North Carolina. His public speaking skills were just as sharp as his radio commentary, and 'the voice' was one of a kind.

In my mind not only was he a pioneer but he was one of the few conservative voices that made it to the big time on network radio and TV.

He will be sorely missed. For full details, click HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard him on WABC for a while. Now I know the rest of the story.

Rest in peace.