Google Custom Search

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

He Lied Right Out of the Starting Gate

In Barack Obama's very first prime-time news conference as President, he lied right out of the starting gate.

Continuing with the false mantra that 'we face the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression,' Obama attempted once again to scare the American public, and Congress, into accepting without question his trillion-dollar stimulus package.

I remember the Presidency of Jimmy Carter very well. That was 1976-1981. The financial fiasco of those years led to a landslide victory over Carter by Ronald Reagan.

As one of the ones who suffered personally through the Carter years, I can tell you with the authority of one who has been there that what we are now experiencing is clearly NOT the worst since the Great Depression. I remember long gasoline lines due to shortages. I remember gasoline prices rising from roughly .44 cents per gallon to over $1.00 per gallon. I remember inflation running at 13%, as compared to a meager 5-6% today. I remember interest rates at 24% as compared to 4-5% today. And, I remember unemployment rising to 11% as compared to 7-8% today.

So, don't tell me that what we are presently experiencing is 'the worst since the Great Depression.' If you say that, I immediately know you are a liar of the worst sort, which is what our illustrious 'President' truly is.

Following Obama's barefaced lies right out of the starting gate in his news conference, I tuned him out for the rest of the way except to note his demeanor and performance. Personally I am not interested in listening to the words of a known and proven liar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought the same thing, however, I stayed the whole way. As a son of con man I was interested in his delivery. He is smooth, he sounds reasonable when one allows him to set the parameters of judgment as to the validity of what he says.

However, like all cons, his falls apart when reality is applied to what he says. Remember a con man's success depends entirely on convincing the mark that everything they know isn't true. Obama is very good at it. Only when the mark wakes up raped will he figure it out.

Unfortunate, but that's why God made marks.