Google Custom Search

Monday, February 02, 2009

A Gun in My Pocket

In this day and age I would no more think of venturing out of the house without my gun than I would without my drivers license. It simply goes with the territory.

Most people would have absolutely no idea that in my pocket is a firearm that can inflict deadly harm.

I certainly don't look the part. I am professional, well-dressed and groomed, unassuming, and well-mannered. I am just going about my business in a normal fashion...at the supermarket, the bank, the drug store, and even at church.

But if I am threatened with harm to my person, or if my fellow innocent citizens are thusly threatened, I am fully prepared to respond with as much force as necessary to stop the threat, up to and including using deadly force.

My experience is not really unusual in America. People who carry firearms normally do so unnoticed. They are your neighborhood grocer, your business owner, your insurance agent, your waitress, your doctor, or maybe even your minister. They are normal people who go about their business day by day, never making a big deal over the fact that they are prepared to take action in a threatening situation.

We are not itching for a gun fight or a confrontation with a thug. We will probably take evasive action 9 times out of 10 before we even think about using a firearm.

But if forced to do so out of necessity, we are prepared to take out a perpetrator, a thug, a thief, a rapist, a wife-beater, or anyone else who poses a clear, unmistakable danger to us and to those around us.

And, people within government need to be aware that there are millions of us all across the country. That is a word to the wise among those in government who have designs on robbing the citizens of their right to self-defense. You are going to have to kill millions of us before you get our guns.

Are you prepared for that kind of blood running in the streets?

I am aware that there are many good, decent people working in government who agree with us concerning our basic, fundamental rights. But I also happen to know that within the present government there are malevolent forces that would remove those rights in a heartbeat if they had the power.

To those of you who fall in that group, be assured that we among the armed citizenry stand with the Founders of this nation who believed that firearms gave average citizens the ultimate leverage against tyrannical government. If you are intent on targeting our liberties, you will be met with armed resistance.

Frankly, I hope I never have to fire that gun in my pocket at a human being. In all the years I have been a gunowner, I have been blessed in that regard. I hope that I will never be forced to use that weapon against anyone.

But if I am ever forced to use my weapon against another person, there are 2 things of which you can rest assured: I will not start such a fight, but I will most assuredly finish it.

9 comments:

theaton said...

"I certainly don't look the part. I am professional, well-dressed and groomed, unassuming, and well-mannered. "

What an ASS!

Welshman said...

Could you tell us how you really feel, SW?

theaton said...

I would, but I'm one of those unprofessional, poorly dressed slobs that carries a firearm. All types of people carry firearms. To think there is someone that "looks the part" is just a blatant display of ignorance. I only expect that sort of attitude from Anti-American, Anti-Liberty leftists.

Welshman said...

You misread my intent, SW. My intent was to show the antis that many of us who carry guns are nothing like the common stereotype.

My point is exactly as you say--that there are all types who carry guns.

No harm or criticsm was intended for those who do not look or act like me.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I thought it was the anti gun libs. who are the ones which have knee jerk reactions due to their misunderstanding of the written word.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I too am the same way. I get up... put my pants on, get my keys and wallet, and put my 1911 on. It's just something I'm accustomed to.

I saw a bumper sticker that I have to find. "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!" and the sad truth is that is very correct.

I could see something like a lost of liberties through dismantling of our constitution being enough that breaks this country apart and brings us back to civil war. The first time it was freedom and slavery. This time freedom and liberty. I only wished we'd learned from our mistakes the first time.

-Fenix

Anonymous said...

Gads...
Okay... Like I said at the counter gun control demonstration after Columbine...
I've been there and done that. I also spent quite some time in "Duffy's Dungeon" for using deadly force protecting my mother when I was fifteen years old. Why? Well, my longish hair probably did not help. Plus the scene was pretty gruesome.

My point is, looks may not really matter, but they sure as hell can have an effect. Sort of like how Bianchi says to hold out in front one of his badges that he sells...

My point here is, SW, that we all need to stick together. Not pick fights with each other. We are on the same team after all is said and done. At least I hope we are.

Anonymous said...

That is exactly the type of environment I want to live in. A armed society is a protected society.

I was so happy when a teacher challenged the school board over the restriction to conceal and carry. It was not a victory but its evidence of a health respect for what is basic and fundamental.

May the tide continue to rise against the cunning and forked tounges of tyranny!

Send in your spy networks, make up the arbatrary lists and sensationalize propagada. I will die on my feet before I live on my knees!

Anonymous said...

I like your style, you will like ours check out www.dailypaul.com and join some liberty minded gun owning folk like yourself, and let's get our country back.