Google Custom Search

Saturday, October 18, 2008

South Carolina Falls to LSU, 24-17

In a scrapping, rough-and-tumble game involving many injuries, the Gamecocks of the University of South Carolina could not manage to out-run the Tigers of LSU.

Freshman Quarterback Steven Garcia got roughed up by LSU at one point, making fans wonder if he would be able to return to the game.

Garcia did return, but it was clear after that point that he had been knocked off his game. Gone was the sure-footed athleticism and the precision in passing that had characterized a near-perfect 2nd quarter during which the young quarterback led the team to put 17 points on the board.

But that would prove to be it for the Gamecocks. LSU basically shut down the Gamecock offense and defense during the entirety of the 2nd half.

The 24-17 loss now puts South Carolina at 5-3 on the season.

2 comments:

Tracy Crouch said...

Well Martyn I'm with you on most issues but I must support my Tigers!! I would offer my apologies for the loss but thats just part of the rough and tumble world of the SEC! Better luck next year....eh...NAH! Geaux Tigers!

Welshman said...

I don't like you anymore, Tracy. LOL!

But you just wait, when 'the Ole Ball Coach' gets that rag-tag team together, he'll roll all over everybody in the SEC...you just wait.

(I hope).