Google Custom Search

Monday, July 28, 2008

Media: Church Gunman 'Hated Liberals'

The spin-doctors of the mainstream media have kicked it into high gear over this one. The lunatic who opened fire inside a Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee on Sunday is now being described as one who 'hated liberals.'

I suppose this means that any of us who express a decided lack of esteem and respect for liberals, particularly those of us who own guns, will now be designated as potential homegrown terrorists who are liable to whip out a piece during Communion and knock off as many parishioners as we can.

In all the years I have owned a firearm (30-plus years), I have never shot at anything but a target at the range and a few wild boar.

I have never been forced to draw my gun on a human being.

And I have never felt the slightest strange urge to go walking into a House of Worship, draw my weapon, and bump off a few of the faithful just for the heck of it...not even if they belong to ultra-liberal, Leftist organizations such as the Unitarian Universalist Church or the United Church of Christ.

You see, I am one of the 99.9% of conservative gun owners who believe that the battle for the hearts and minds of the American people can be won in the marketplace of ideas--as we debate issues head-to-head, eyeball-to-eyeball, toe-to-toe.

When we engage the Left in the marketplace of ideas, they lose...always, inevitably.

Thus, I do not accept being lumped in with lunatics like the Knoxville gunman. Instead, I am going to turn this around and implicate the entire lot of the liberal mainstream media. Liberals hate us.

And they will do everything they can to stop us by innuendo, defamation of character, caricature, and lumping us all together with lunatics whose mental capacity prevents them from engaging in rational behavior.

That is where the real hate lies.

No comments: