Google Custom Search

Saturday, January 12, 2008

For Freedom's Sake, Pig Out on Krispy Kremes

Never being one who passes up a good opportunity to be politically incorrect, I headed out this evening to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, bought two dozen hot original glazed, came back home and pigged out.

For those who may be unfamiliar with these wonderful delicacies, when Krispy Kreme shops are in the midst of making a batch of fresh original glazed doughnuts, they put the 'hot' sign on outside, meaning that if you purchase them while that sign is on, you will be treated to the very best hot and fresh doughnuts on earth, the glazed 'Krispy Kremes.'

And they will melt in your mouth.

I ate half a dozen of them driving back home. And I'm not saying how many I ate once I got home. But it was wonderful, and I had a good time.

But the joy of the taste of these heavenly delicacies only barely surpassed the joy of doing something the food police, Big Brother, the government school system, and other wacko activists consider to be a big no-no.

It was almost as if with every bite I got up into their elitist, holier-than-thou faces and said, 'Take that, you Commie!'

In the United States of America today, that former bastion of individual freedom, there are forces on every hand that try to dictate to us what to eat, what not to eat, what to drive, what type of fuel to use, what temp to set our thermostats on, not to mention what to think and feel.

They will also tell you that you cannot pack certain food items into your kids' lunch containers, that you are forbidden to smoke even in your own home (in some areas), and that you are not allowed to carry tools to defend yourselves against thugs in shopping malls and on college campuses who ARE carrying those tools.

I am tired of it--SICK and tired of it, as a matter of fact. And thus, I will from now on take every opportunity to blow smoke into the faces of the food and tobacco police, and all of the other operatives of the nanny state.

I will not eat anything except what I want to eat, period. I will smoke wherever I please, except when it bothers those with breathing problems. I will slip doughnuts and cookies into the lunch containers of my children and grandchildren. I am going to continue to drive half-ton pickup trucks.

Back to the Krispy Kremes. The word is that this Winston-Salem, North Carolina company is in financial trouble due to the emphasis on 'politically correct eating,' as well as heavy competition from Dunkin Donuts, which, in our opinion, is nowhere near the quality and taste of Krispy Kreme.

Thus, every chance I get I am going to buy some Krispy Kremes. And I am going to enjoy them without guilt.

Let the food police go straight to hell.

9 comments:

Pribek said...

Oh yeah man, I'm in on eating the Krispy Kremes as a form of protest. Heh heh.. "Protest Food"
I often stop and pick up a dozen, in the wee wee hours after a gig or session.
However,I am not a strict traditionalist, half dozen glazed and a half dozen of the chocolate covered creme filled. It's a 45 minute drive so I'll polish off about hmm...yeah, I'm not fessin' up either.

Welshman said...

PROTEST FOOD!! I like that, Jack. I will eat Krispy Kremes as a protest food.

And from now on until I die I am going to do everything to fly in the face of the Commie-Nazi, totalitarian, statist imbeciles with a Dictator-Messianic complex.

They are NOT going to tell me what to do or how to live. They will have to kill me first. And they had better be ready for quite a fight. I pack more heat than it takes to send the shuttle to the space station.

Anonymous said...

"Put the Krispy Kremes down and back away slowly"

The first step in getting better is admitting you have a problem...

:-} for the humour impaired

Welshman said...

Nimrod,

Oh I could easily see a team of JBTs outside my door with AK-47s pointed at me, demanding that I drop that box of Krispy Kremes.

And then, rather than taking me to jail, I would be relegated to the ranks of hopeless addicts, hauled away to a government-run mental institution, and given a series of devastating electro-shock treatments, just like Castro did to dissidents in Cuba.

Oh, I forgot to say that one of the JBTs would yell out using a megaphone, 'Mr. Morgan, take another bite of that doughnut, and you're a dead man!'

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

"And they had better be ready for quite a fight. I pack more heat than it takes to send the shuttle to the space station."

I find that inspirational...

Mmmmm donuts...you any relation to Homer Simpson?

Welshman said...

Glad I could inspire you.

And no. No kin to Homer.

Do you know that in all the years that show has been on the air I have never watched it, not even once?

Anonymous said...

Simpsons is hilarious!! How can you not ever have watched it? You need to check it out Marty!

Welshman said...

Nope. It just never seemed to be anything that would appeal to me that much...

Anonymous said...

lol, well if you love to gorge yourself on donuts surely Homer Simpsons philosophy and way of life will appeal to you greatly:)