Google Custom Search

Thursday, June 05, 2014

To Dutch

I did not forget this, the tenth anniversary of the death of President Ronald Reagan, known affectionately as "Dutch" or "The Gipper."

As always there were things he did that I disagreed with. I have never agreed 100 percent with any president, no matter how much I admired them. Such was the case with Reagan. But most of it I enthusiastically supported, particularly bringing about the downfall of the Soviet Union and the subsequent tearing down of the Berlin Wall. These things simply had to be done.

I could go on and on, but I won't. The bottom line is I loved the man and believed that his presidency represented a refreshing, life-saving respite from the relentless march toward collectivism in our own nation.

Yes, Dutch, I remembered, and I won't ever forget, just as I promised.

No comments: