Google Custom Search

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

A very Happy Mothers Day to all of my faithful readers and casual visitors to this site.

I was blessed enough to have a Mother who was everything I ever wanted to be, except for the femininity part. Being female was not the factor that made her so special. She was simply a role model in Christian living, in morals and ethics, in humility, in compassion, and in fortitude and determination.

As a Mother I could not have asked or hoped for any better. She took care of me when I was sick, and that was often when I was growing up due to childhood asthma. If you never had a severe case of asthma either as a child or as an adult, there is no way you can begin to relate to those of us who were thus afflicted. I know of nothing any worse or more frightening, especially for a child, than not being able to breath. She sat with me all night until the breaking of the day when I was finally able to fall asleep. Back in those days the meds they gave you for asthma made you severely nauseated. Sleep was not possible. But she was there, always, to help me. The fact that she was always there came to be my comfort through many dark nights.

Reflect on your Mother today. I know that not everyone had a good experience growing up with either their mothers or fathers. But for those that did, contemplate what they meant to you on this day. And vow you will never forget.

Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Pappadave said...

I miss my own mother very much. I lost her to a heart attack in July of 1992. My father was the best man I've ever known. I lost him on December 1, 2003.