Google Custom Search

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Something new--The Gun Rights and Liberty News Roundup

This is a test run for something brand new here at the Liberty Sphere -- the gun rights and liberty news roundup. It is essentially the same thing I have been doing with the 2A News Roundup but an expanded version. And since I link to other issues besides the 2nd Amendment, particularly issues related to individual liberty, I thought that this needed to be emphasized in the title.

I will see how this goes in terms of time and effort, and return. If people read it and like it, I will continue. If it turns out not to be very popular, I will drop it and go back to the current format.

Those of you who are regular readers may want to let me know if you like the new version. This will help me make a determination as to whether or not to continue with the new version. As I said, I am not going to end the roundup. I will simply return to the top ten format I currently use if the new format does not prove to be popular.

So, let's get started.

David Codrea reports that a father of one of the Newtown victims declared that anti-gun nutcases do NOT speak for him!

Mike Vanderboegh says that the collectivists are trying to box us in with a Catch-22 on the "law abiding citizen" argument.

Kurt Hofmann muses on gun control and the lessons from Boston.

WRSA has news on gun rights and the U.S. Supreme Court.

Way Up North alerts us to a JPFO notice that the background check system is already denying war veterans their gun rights. They present a current case that proves the point.

Brigid presents a must-read on rights, change, and the desire to fight with all that is within us to preserve that which we hold dear.

Alphecca declares that Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for voting for THIS!

Pamela Geller reports that the Boston Jihad bomber declared that the reason for the terrorist attack was to "defend Islam."

Days of our Trailers says that the Bastard (Mayor Bloomberg) now wants to "re-interpret" the Constitution. I can sum it up in one sentence -- government has all of the unalienable rights, and citizens have NONE.

Tam says she has been waiting for a good while to say THIS in response to a common mantra of anti-gun nutcases.

Around O-Town wants to know why Napolitano, Holder, and our weak politicians are not uttering THIS word publicly.

John Jacob H takes Boston to task for its response to the marathon attacks.

From GunRights4US: "All in the Name of Keeping You Safe."

Karl Denninger notes some common Second Amendment lies.

Stand Up America posts a helpful analysis by Robert Spencer on the assertion that 12 terrorist sleeper cells are operating in America.

Glenn Beck's The Blaze reports that the Saudi student who was the very first "person of interest" in the Boston bombing was placed on the terror watch list, according to a stunning admission by none other than Janet Napolitano!

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I like the new format, sir. Good work!

Jerome East said...

I usually don't commentbut have been checking your blog daily for some time now. Everything you linked to here all revolves around the same fight for freedom that gun rights are only one part of.

I obviously don't speak for everyone but I like the new format. Keep up the good work

Welshman said...

Jerome, thanks for your comments, and thanks for reading.

Paul, as always, my friend, thank you!