1. Missing the deadline to raise the debt ceiling will NOT automatically result in default.
2. Failure to raise the debt ceiling will NOT mean Social Security recipients and military personnel will not get paid. Their checks will go out as normal.
3. The U.S. will NOT default on its debts, even if the debt ceiling is not raised, as long as the government pays the INTEREST on the debt. This will be done. It is the law. It is even in the Constitution.
4. Contrary to popular misconceptions, the amount of the debt ceiling is not important and distracts from the real issue--runaway federal spending. As long as the spending is reigned in, like Republicans in Congress wish to do, then the debt ceiling can be set at any figure you like. It does not matter. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPENDING!
5. Obama and the Democrats are creating a false panic over a non-issue in order to detract from their abject failure to address the real problem--government spending is out of control, the debt is skyrocketing to an unsustainable level, and it was all done ON THEIR WATCH.
6. Spread the word. Quickly.