Google Custom Search

Sunday, February 07, 2010

2012: Would Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels and Congressman Paul Ryan Make a Winning Team?

2 names have come before me that are of interest when it comes to 2012 Presidential politics--Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels and Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan.

Conservative Examiner takes a look at the depth of ideas these 2 gentlemen have put forth as alternatives to the big-government, tax-and-spend initiatives of Obama and company.

Some think the 2 would form an excellent winning ticket for 2012. What do you think?

4 comments:

TexasFred said...

That might not be an all together bad combination, beats hell out of a few others being tossed around of late!

Welshman said...

Fred, I don't know if either of them would be considered 'electable' but I like their ideas, at least on the issues discussed. I would like to hear more about such issues as the Second Amendment, terrorism, foreign policy, etc.

Anonymous said...

But would the GOP RINOs ever select two such to run for the Presidency? Look at the 2008 debacle with McPain.

It may take a true grassroots-outside-the-two-main-parties-TEA Party movement to get these two elected. That is, if they pass the Welshman's tests.

B Woodman
III-per

Welshman said...

Woodman, glad you recognize the immense value of the Welshman's litmus tests for candidates. lol

Seriously, the two candidates in question have not been thoroughly vetted. I am impressed with their fresh ideas on the economy, healthcare, and taxes, but I know nothing of their stance on gun rights, which, as you know by now, is of extreme importance to me.

Never again will I cast my vote for a candidate who is wishy-washy on the 2nd Amendment.