Google Custom Search

Saturday, August 29, 2009

PALIN!


Not a single politically aware person does not remember John McCain’s surprise announcement of Sarah Palin as his running mate on August 29, 2008. The Democrat National Convention was wrapping up, Obama had made his grand speech, but all the political world was abuzz over the impending selection of Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty as McCain’s running mate. The surprise and expertly choreographed announcement of Sarah Palin was one of a few grand McCain campaign moments.

(From Red State)

One year later, Sarah Palin continues to be a top news maker and symbol of hope for many conservatives. Yet her reputation was damaged by the manner in which the McCain campaign handled her rise from obscurity.

I make no attempt to hide that I am a Palin fan. And I hope she can bring conservatives of all stripes together to topple the Obama regime.

7 comments:

tjbbpgobIII said...

I am a fan as well, I think she did the right thing by resigning as the Alaska .gov, as she could get nothing done, what with all the slimy lawsuits. I think that's what the left wanted but I it has backfired on them so far. Most of us still admire her for her accomplishments as a leader. I would like to also say something about the so called push for a Hannity/Palin ticket. What's up with that. What can he possibly bring to the table. I think it must be a joke.

Welshman said...

I agree. I like Hannity's show, but I don't think he is Presidential material.

I think this go-round Palin will need to be the head of the ticket, whether she runs as Independent, GOP, whatever. She is good out-front on the stump.

tjbbpgobIII said...

Welshman, I too think Palin need to be on top of the ticket as an independent 3rd party canidate. I think the 3 party idea has been overated in most instances and was the cause of the Clintons rise to power. If it could be made to work I think she could be the one to do so. Just as long as we don't upset the action with a good R. running. I don't even see a good repubilcrate on the horizon, just more of the same rino's.

Welshman said...

Looking at the landscape, I tend to agree. The true conservatives in the GOP are not really of national stature--at least not yet.

I do like Jim DeMint, however.

Dienekes said...

Unfortunately, although a Palin fan, I don't think she's ready to take down the Obama machine.

She can, however, be a valuable and influential voice, but someone new needs to emerge as more libertarian than conservative.

Only someone who can cut a wide swath between fiscal conservatives on the Left and social liberals on the Right will be able to pull enough votes from both sides to toplle this regime.

Welshman said...

Well, I disagree with that assessment. Only a conservative can redeem the country from the near-ruin this regime has brought upon us--a strict Constitutional conservative.

tjbbpgobIII said...

I disagree with Dienekes too. I don't think a libertarian can cut it. I don't hold with their views on the terrorism issue, in fact I don't think they actually have an idea what they want to do. GWB was not a conservative nor his dad but I think Sarah Palin is one with a capitol C. and that's just what we need to put this country right again. Someone who will be a strict constitutionalist and appoint good judges from THE BOTTOM UP. We also need to get a stricter bunch of congressmen. I am willing to vote mine out, even though both of them are pretty conservative. I just think they've been in office too long and voting them out will send a good message.