Google Custom Search

Sunday, February 15, 2009

10 Key Conservative Principles

What does it mean to be a political conservative in today's America? What does the term 'conservative' mean from a modern political point of view?

Confusion seems to be rampant concerning the meaning of the term, such as the tendency by some to refer to John McCain, Lindsey Graham, or Arlen Specter as 'conservative.'

Thus, I offer 10 Key Conservative Principles as the subject of my Sunday column at Columbia Conservative Examiner.

Take a look, tell a friend, spread the word, and comment if you wish on the site...even if you disagree with some of my assertions.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Wayne Conrad said...

Agreed, but I'm surprised a little to hear these called conservative values. I've more often heard them called libertarian values. These being my core beliefs, I don't mind them being identified as anyone else's own. Any party which will allow the people to plug the holes and pump the water out of the bilges has got my rapt attention. I don't care what color the boat is--and I'm unimpressed by quibbling over the shape of the figurehead so long as the boat is sinking.