Google Custom Search

Thursday, January 08, 2009

What Do I Think About the Holder-NRA Flap?

Here are a few questions and answers posed by...well...me.

Do you think the NRA and other gun orgs should openly oppose the confirmation of Holder?
...yes...

Do you believe that Holder will be confirmed anyway?
...yes...Americans threw a tantrum and elected a Democrat Senate with a 57-seat majority...this is what happens when people throw a fit and take leave of their senses.

Do you think that the NRA had reason to approach the Holder nomination in the manner it did?
...yes...

Doesn't that mean, then, that you are not sincerely 'pulling out all the stops' in opposing Holder?
...no...I have done my part here and in private...

Aren't you being contradictory?
...Mmmm...nope. I work hard to oppose individuals that I think pose dangers to us, the citizens. I urge organizations to take a stand. But I also know when the enemy has the upper hand, and thus, I must be prepared to counter what they dish out, such as an AG who is anti-gun.

7 comments:

Rustmeister said...

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.

The way I see it, the NRA knows their role, and even though they've given in to things I found objectionable, it's their business. They know it better than I do.

Welshman said...

Well, as I said, I believe the NRA could have done much more on this issue, but they chose not to do so, probably because of a tactical strategy.

Are they right or wrong? I dunno.

I only believe that ALL gun rights orgs should be opposing Holder full throttle.

Having said that, Holder WILL be the next AG come hell or high water. The Dems will see to it, and they have the power.

Our fellow citizens gave them that power in a fit of misplaced rage.

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon D MLM, you can't possibly still believe the NRA desires to win any 2nd amendment issue. Why, success just might lessen their importance. As long as their scam is working, they will continue to betray us while telling us how hard they fought for us.

As I have said in other places, though, I think it just may be possible that the reason the NRA is so silent on Holder is that they might be busy writing a new AWB for Obama. I mean, it's not like they have written and lobbied for anti-second amendment legislation before, way more than once.

Welshman said...

SA...could you be a bit more specific and vehement with your criticism for a change? heh

I can't argue with you...the NRA has let me down more than once. But, it has done some good too...particularly in years past.

Anonymous said...

The Dems have 56 votes in the Senate now and will have 59 when they resolve IL, MN and NY. No Dems will vote NO.

Republican Senator Hatch from Utah has already said he supports Holder and good luck keeping Lugar, Voinovich, Snowe and Collins.

The Republicans won't even be able to mount a filibuster which will make them and the NRA look weak.

Anonymous said...

I could, but we all know how they have performed or failed to attempt to perform. I have been more specific many times in many places and it is just ignored. Even in comments here in the past I have been specific. I just don't feel like starting from zero everytime.

I think the best indictment of them is in a comment by Snowflake at Kurt's (Armed and Safe).n Basically he says if you have something to lose, don't fight is the the NRA strategy.

A commenter here said much the same thing. We can't stop them so we'll look weak if we try and lose.

But, of course we won't look weak if we run away. He didn't say that,but that was the other option.

now how pathetic is that?

Welshman said...

Well, if ever there were a reason for the NRA to fight, it is now...and not just on Holder. He is but one among the mix. Most of Obama's top Cabinet choices, and White House staffers, are decidedly anti-Second Amendment.

If this isn't a time to come out blazin', then I don't know when a better time would be...

Let's hope the organization has something in the works to address on a broad scale the impending damage by the Obama team as a whole....and let's not forget Congress!