Google Custom Search

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Camille Paglia: Clintons Have Dirt on Obama?

Though an unabashed liberal, Camille Paglia of Salon.com is always ultimately fair--a rarity for liberals, I am aware.

But Paglia never minces words when she goes after Democrats and Liberals. And she is 'liberal' with her praise for Republicans and Conservatives when she feels they merit it.

This is why I always take Paglia's views seriously, though I strongly disagree with her ideology.

Normally when I hear of rumors that the Clintons did this or that behind the scenes, usually involving scandal, I have to admit I take it with a grain of salt. And I am self-aware enough to know that this is due either to overkill ('scandal' and 'Clinton' are like two parts of the same word), or to the relentless determination of conservatives to 'catch' the Clintons in a new jaw-dropper, whether there is any merit to their charges or not.

But when I heard that Paglia, of all people, had actually suggested that the Clintons have some dirt on Obama, I stopped and paid close attention.

Here is a sampling of Paglia's comments:

Given Obama's elaborate deference to the Clintons, beginning with his over-accommodation of them at the Democratic convention in August, a nagging question has floated around the Web: What do the Clintons have on him? No one doubts that the Clinton opposition research team was turning over every rock in its mission to propel Hillary into the White House. There's an information vacuum here that conspiracy theorists have been rushing to fill.

To be sure, Paglia does not say that she herself believes that such an assertion is the undisputed truth. But the mere fact that she would bring up the issue lends merit to the questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't kid yourself, the Clinton's are vicious operators, and I do not state that lightly. They are very dangerous and if you cross them, they have enough pull with certain elements to very nicely get rid of you, and it will look like suicide or an accident.

Welshman said...

Yeah, that's what I hear. I believe to this day that Vince Foster and Ron Brown were murdered because they crossed the Clintons.