Google Custom Search

Friday, October 31, 2008

Contingency Plans

Should the worst happen on November 4, nothing is as important as being prepared in advance. Thus, there are 'contingency plans.'

Barack Obama stated in an interview not long ago that he is not intent on 'taking away anybody's guns.' But what he went further to say is very telling.

Obama stated, 'Even if I wanted to do so, I could not take away anyone's guns because I would not have the votes (in Congress).'

And herein is the problem.

He might!

With Democrats slated to increase their majorities in both the House and the Senate, a President Obama could have a veto-proof majority in the Congress to do basically whatever he, Pelosi, and Reid want to do.

This means he WOULD have the votes to enact massive gun-control legislation, including doing what he has stated as his goal all along while in the Illinois legislature--the complete ban on all handguns in America.

Thus, the contingency plans.

In dark and oppressive days such as what we may be facing should the doomsday scenario become reality on November 4, it is important, at least in my way of thinking, to be both
practical and minimalist.

My main objective is to exercise my Constitutional rights while they are still viewed as individual rights guaranteed to free citizens.

But I also want sufficient hardware to stay safe from criminals and JBTs while at the same time avoiding unnecessary baggage. The goal is to buy what you can reasonably expect you will need.

Thus, I have been doing some shopping.

And, I still believe that for most of us with fairly limited funds, the following article is essential and the best I have seen on surviving on a minimalist budget.

I commend for your reading enjoyment, 'The Poor Man's Survival Arsenal.'

No comments: