Google Custom Search

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bill's Duplicity--Did He Really Just Say That?

'Barack Obama is ready to be President.'
--Bill Clinton

Presently I am listening to Bill Clinton's speech at the DNC. I could hardly believe my ears when he stated the above quote.

Just last week when a reporter asked Clinton if he thought Barack was ready to be President, Clinton stated, 'Nobody is really ready to be President. I wasn't ready to be President...but you get ready in a hurry.'

My, 'in a hurry' for sure! In only a week Obama apparently got ready.

It was also Bill Clinton who repeatedly stated during the primaries that Barack Obama was too inexperienced to be President.

So, which is it? Is he ready or not? Bill just said he is ready, so I suppose that means he's ready. But it may be dependent on one's definition of 'is.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this before or after he looked in the camera, pointed his finger and said "I did not have sex with that woman, Barack Obama."

Welshman said...

I dunno, but I swear I thought I saw him handing Barack a cigar back stage...