Google Custom Search

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Text of McCain's Remarks: Did He Succeed?

The following link will take you to the complete text of John McCain's remarks before CPAC this afternoon.

Did he succeed in addressing the issues most important to conservatives? Did he say enough to satisfy the concerns of conservatives?

I will leave that to your judgment.

As for me, I would say it is a mixed bag...but I was slightly encouraged.

Click here for the text of the speech:
http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2008/2/7/Text-of-John-McCains-CPAC-Remarks

3 comments:

Joubert said...

I liked his speech but then I'm an optimist. :)

Nicki said...

I'm not encouraged in the least bit. And here's why, Martyn.

Welshman said...

I try to be optimistic, Robert, but it is difficult to do so under the present circumstances. And yes, McCain sounded all the bells in that speech, but there was much he did NOT say that was essential.

Nicki, I read your recap of CPAC, and I have to agree that McCain is a disaster for the GOP and for conservatism. These are not the best of times.