Google Custom Search

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Greetings

Shown below: Washington National Cathedral at Christmas


Merry Christmas to all of you who honor me with your presence here. May you have a most meaningful and serene Christmas and holiday season. Thank-you for reading these pages.

I think it was 'Say Uncle' who said that he blogs, not to entertain readers, but himself. In many ways this is true, particularly for a writer.

Writing is something that simply must be done if you are born to do it. Once one has been smitten by the necessity of self expression in the form of words, nothing can prevent one from writing even if readers are few. It is simply a passion that must find its way to the computer screen or the printed page.

And so, I do this because I must. But I am very happy and thankful that many have found these words of mine to be interesting enough to come here--and to continue to come here.

Your presence is always greatly appreciated, and I am always interested in reading what you have to say by way of response, if you choose to do so.

I truly wish all of you a wonderful holiday season, and, from my tradition, a heart-filled 'Merry Christmas!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Yule, Martyn - keep on writing!

Welshman said...

You got it, buddy! And thanks.

pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

well, I'm glad the writting bug bit you, I really enjoy reading your blog:) hope you had a merry christmas marty:)

Welshman said...

That's mighty kind of you to say, Pris. Thank-you. And I'm glad to have you as part of the mix here.

And I hope you had a very meaningful Christmas as well...