Google Custom Search

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Reader Blasts Liberty Sphere for April Fool's

Washington, DC (TLS). A most interesting comment was received today to highlight April Fool's. Fortunately, I moderate the comments section, meaning, I have the final (and only) word as to what gets posted.

I began that process when I discovered that there are too many spam artists out there who were taking up my cyber space for their unsolicited ads.

However, I have also discovered that being able to moderate one's comment section prevents one's blog from being overwhelmed by less-than-desirable verbiage, much of which can be downright insulting and even threatening.

Today a most interesting comment came my way--from one of the Commie-Nazi Leftists, no doubt--who stated that he could think of no better poster-child for April Fool's Day than me.

This brilliant assessment was interspersed with various and sundry profanities and insults, one of which disparaged my heritage, which was capped off by a vague reference to my Mother.

The writer in question, however, made one glaring mistake. He mentioned that today was his birthday.

Stating that he could think of no better way to celebrate his birthday than to deliver a scathing and profane attack on one of the so-called 'purveyors of right-wing hate,' he proceeded to claim that knowing I would 'squirm in emotional languish' would be an even better birthday present than season tickets to the New York Yankees.

Interesting. My attacker was born on April 1--which has been traditionally known as 'All Fools' Day.'

As one preacher told a congregant who confessed before an entire congregation to having sex with his brother's wife, 'Brother, I don't believe I would have told that!'

Sometimes being attacked is a blessing in disguise, in this case, the source of much merriment--so much so that I briefly considered calling the paramedics for some extra oxygen. Having the last laugh can be so wickedly delightful.

I once knew a man personally who was born on All Fools' Day--one of wisest men I ever met. Very few people knew that his birthday was on April 1. But each April Fool's Day he went around wishing people 'Happy Birthday.' When they protested, 'But, this is not my birthday,' he would immediately look puzzled and say, 'But, isn't this All Fool's Day?'

My friend knew that the beginning of wisdom is not taking oneself too seriously.

Oh, and Happy All Fools' Day.

No comments: