Google Custom Search

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Happy Hanukkah to Our Jewish Readers

December 15 marks the beginning of Hanukkah--the Festival of Lights. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of our Jewish readers a Happy Hanukkah. We thank you for your support of The Liberty Sphere.

As a Christian, I think it is important for me to commemorate and highlight our Jewish roots. The Christian tradition is heavily steeped in the Hebrew tradition, and it is not to be forgotten that Jesus was a Jew. This is the group through which God chose to reveal His plans and purposes to the world.

I have always said that as a Christian I am a Jew first. So many of our values are held in common. It is no accident that the values and precepts that undergird American society are referred to as 'the Judeo-Christian' tradition. I believe it is vitally important for Christians and Jews to stand in solidarity, particularly in the face of the growing danger and threat of world-wide Islamic Jihad. I also strongly believe that it is crucial for Christians to express unwavering support for the nation of Israel.

Thus, during this Festival of Lights, may each of you be blessed with the presence, protection, and advocacy of God Almighty.

No comments: